Tuesday, October 02, 2001

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been out of town, but I've done a bunch of work on Blog*Spot lately. For one thing, last Thursday, I added more storage capacity. It had been running low for quite a while, and while waiting for the new drive to get here, I had to put in some temporary kludges to pull files from different places. This was both inefficient and error-prone and the cause of many of the archive and missing file problems on Blog*Spot the last few weeks. In fact, it caused another such problem on Thursday when I did it that was resulting in permission denied errors and non-existent archive files with certain Blog*Spot blogs. I just fixed that. I also made some server configuration tweaks that I'm hoping will solve the problem of Blog*Spot getting slow after a while and requiring a reset. Have yet to see if this latest fix finally solves that problem long term, but it looks good so far. So, thanks to Blog*Spot users for being patient. It's getting better.